TOP TEN TIPS FOR COPYWRITING
1. Know the audience you're writing for.
2. Decide on the tone you're going to be using - formal, friendly, funny - and stick to it!
3. Speak in the language your audience is familiar with - don't get clever with jargon if your audience won't understand it, just to make you look clever.
4. Read it through, read it through, read it through.
5. Get someone else to read it through.
6. Get someone else to read it through.
7. Make sure your 'test readers' give you feedback on content and tone and not just on typos.
8. Follow the branding guidelines set out by the company for names of products, companies, etc.
9. Make sure that any credits that are essential are included in your text, eg. funding bodies, partners, sponsors, etc. - there has been many a 'reprint' done when someone important has been inadvertently left out!
Copywriting in your chosen style for your target audience for brochures, case studies, newsletters, fliers, website content, advertorials, press releases,technical documentation, reports - anything with the written word, even a simple business letter
We don't just grab a pen and paper and start writing. We review your image and branding to ensure its integrity, analyse the target audience and ensure we follow the brief. If you don't have one, we'll do that too!
Sometimes, an internal person is just too close to the product or the business to write objectively and simply. Sometimes, they're just too technical and cannot write in layman's terms because they know too much! That's where we come in - no, not that we don't know anything - just that we are fresh ears and eyes to your product or service.
We can follow this service through to design and print production, negotiating the best printing deals for you - we do not take a commission from any supplier we put forward to get the job done.
It's already written but it's not hitting the spot....
We can still help. We don't have to start from a blank page, we're equally happy to give your pre-written copy the once-over, revise it and send back a revised version. As we charge in 15 minute blocks, it won't cost you an arm and a leg either.
We also provide training workshops in effective business writing.